EFT is a very flexible improvement tool that can be used for just about everything. I am using my version of it here.
Please understand there are promising reports from psychotherapists about the effectiveness of Energy Psychology, but that it is considered an experimental procedure with limited published research. Therefore, it has not been proven effective from a Western scientific standpoint. You understand that as a licensed clinical social worker I will be using the methods from conventional psychotherapy in our work, and you also have the option of using those methods exclusively. If it is decided to use this approach a separate consent will be given to you to read and sign.
EFT is all about letting go of what bothers you on demand. Based on psychology and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), you will learn how to provide relief from mind-body stress whenever you want. Another way to think about it is that EFT is acupuncture for the emotions without the needles.
- Anyone can learn to Tap
- Often works where nothing else will
- Many issues can be resolved within 2-3 sessions
- It is a tool you can use whenever you want
- Results are usually permanent
- 80 – 85% who try EFT get results
- It is non-invasive and you can be on medication
- No equipment no drugs used
- It is gentle to use and relatively painless
WARNING: The techniques are given below and you are agreeing to take full responsibility for your own emotional and physical well being if you use them. If you use EFT with others, they are agreeing to take full responsibility for their own emotional and physical well being.
- You will be asked to recall your problem, not relive it, which may cause some emotional pain. For example, your problem may be that you feel anxious before making a business call. You will be asked to rate your discomfort on a scale of 0 – 10 with 10 being very anxious.
- Next is the setup statement: “Even though, I feel anxious before making a business call, I deeply and completely accept myself.” OR”Even though, I hate making business calls, I deeply and completely love myself.”
- This statement would be said out loud 3 times while tapping on the side of the hand.
- Next is the sequence: The client would be instructed to tap on the following meridian end points while saying “anxious”. The tapping points are: eyebrow, side of the eye, under the eye, under the nose, under the lip, collarbone, under the arm, thumb, index finger, middle finger, little finger, back of the hand and the karate chop.
Client is then asked to take a deep breath and reassess their level of discomfort. The goal is to be at a zero for this specific problem. The tapping process takes about 30 seconds. Several rounds may be required. It is not uncommon to have another problem pop-up. In my example, tapping reduced the anxiety before making a business call, but now the client is aware of feeling incompetent. That would be another problem to tap on. Sometimes the process is like peeling an onion, one layer at a time.
You do not need to believe for EFT to work for you. If you want to try EFT, call or email me. I have worked with individuals to quit smoking, eliminate craving for coffee, chocolate, and alcohol as well as anxiety and depression.